While I have strong opinions about design (a specific aesthetic, if you will), I also believe that color has the power to make the world a happier, livelier place. I would seriously throw colors at people if I thought it was a) legal or b) sane.
In addition to such musings, here are some fun facts about me:
- My family is full of artists, including painters, sculptors, and writers. My mom, a jewelry designer, sells amazing glass beads on Etsy, and my aunt made the scarf I’m wearing in this picture.
- In eighth grade, I won TWO yearbook titles: Most Artistic and Most Original. One student told me to “wear that dip-dyed crushed-velvet shirt-and-pants outfit you have” for the photos. I did.
- After college, I worked in marketing at a global fragrance house. I gave trend presentations and described new scents in terms of color, emotions, and poetic language (the kind you read on a perfume bottle).
- In 2011, I left my job to freelance as a creative writer and marketing consultant. Now I live in Charlottesville, Virginia, with my boyfriend and our dog.
- You can learn more about this stuff, my quarter-life crisis, and my tendency to overshare on my website, DoctorDerby.com.
So what is YOUR colorful story?